Who we are
Saku Mind Ltd (Saku, we, us), registered in the UK.
Who can use the app
You must be 18 years old or older to use the Saku app. By registering to use it you confirm you meet these criteria.
Your health and the Saku app
Saku is a mental wellbeing app. It’s not intended to replace medical treatment for mental ill health, but as a complementary tool to help maintain mental wellbeing. We can’t promise that the app will provide benefit to your mental wellbeing. Check with a doctor first if changing your exercise regime or diet. If you are struggling with your mental health contact your doctor, or if in crisis in the UK text SHOUT to 85258 or contact the Samaritans on 116123.
See the privacy information below.
Operating system requirements
This app requires a smartphone with operating system iOS 10 and above or Android 6 (Marshmallow) and above.
Contact between you and us
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may contact you via push notifications or email on the address you registered with Saku.
How you may and may not use the app
When you agree to our terms you can download the Saku app to your phone and view, use and display it just for your own personal use. You mustn’t use it for anything other than your personal use.
You agree not to copy the App unless you need to for back-up or for operational security.
You will not use it to create software which is substantially similar to the App.
You won’t rent, lease, loan, sub-license, merge, adapt or modify the App.
You won’t alter or modify the App or allow any part of it to be integrated into or combined with other software.
You mustn’t use it for any unlawful intent or purpose or in any way which is inconsistent with these terms. You mustn’t act fraudulently or maliciously, for example by hacking into or inserting viruses or harmful data into the App.
You won’t infringe our intellectual property rights in relation to your use of the App.
You won’t share or transmit material which is offensive, defamatory or inappropriate in relation to your use of the App.
Changes to these terms
If we need to make changes at any point to these terms, we will notify you by email of the details of the changes or when you next start or log into the App.
Updates to the app
We will automatically update the app to improve performance, enhance functionality, respond to changes to the operating system or resolve security issues. Or we may ask you to update the app for these reasons. If you opt out of these updates you may not be able to continue using the app.
We are not responsible to other apps and sites you link to
Where Saku links to websites not owned by us, we aren’t responsible for and haven’t checked their content or privacy policies.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights in the app, its content and the analysis related to usage throughout the world belongs to us. You have no intellectual property rights in or to the app or its content, other than the right to use them as per these terms.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our officers, directors, employees and licensors harmless from any claim or demand (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees made by a third party due to or arising out of or related to your violation of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or any applicable laws, regulations or third-party rights.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, we disclaim all liability and responsivity arising from the use of or any reliance placed on any materials in the app by you or any user of the app and its contents.
Therefore, to the fullest extent applicable permitted by applicable laws we, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensors or any third parties exclude liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise arising out of the use of or inability to use the app.
Saku shall only be liable for losses, damages, costs or expenses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such failure (whether arising on contract, tort (including negligence or otherwise up to a maximum of fifty-pound sterling (£50).
You acknowledge and agree that where the App includes opinions, views, advice and recommendations these are not attributed to Saku nor are they endorsed by Saku. To the maximum extent permitted by law Saku excludes all liability for the accuracy, defamatory nature, completeness, timeliness, suitability or otherwise of such opinions, views, advice and recommendations.
We may end your right to use the app at any time.
This will include but not be limited to when our relationship with you ends or you break these terms in a significant way.
]When you use our app (the App), visit our website http://www.sakumind.com (the Website) and use any of our services (the Services which may include the App and the Website) we appreciate you are trusting us with your personal information and take your privacy very seriously.
Who Can I Contact?
If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your personal information please contact us at email@example.com.
Who Collects And Holds My Data?
Saku Mind Ltd (Saku), registered in the UK. Saku will not share your personal data with third parties, except for contact data and details required to make and manage a booking or purchase with one of our partners.
- What Information Do We Collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
Briefly: We collect personal information which you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register with us, express an interest in more information about us or our products and services, when you participate in activities on the app or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information we collect depends on your interactions with us and our Services, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal information provided by you: We collect names; email addresses; passwords; contact preferences; contact or authentication data; and other similar information.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
Briefly: Some information – such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and or browser/device characteristics is automatically collected when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, device and browser characteristics, operating system, referring URLS, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses we may also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can withdraw consent for the usage of cookies by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and usage data: Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Services
- Device Data – We collect device data such as information about your device you use to access the Services.
- Location Data – We collect location data such as your device’s location. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. E.g., we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. NB if you choose to opt out you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
Information collected through our app
Briefly: we collect information regarding your geolocation, mobile device, push notifications, when you use our App.
If you use our App, we collect the following information:
- Geolocation information – We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or when you are using the App, to provide certain location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions you can do so through your device settings.
- Mobile device access – We may request access or permission to certain features of your mobile device, including your mobile devices contacts and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions you can do so through your device settings.
- Mobile device data – We automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and system configuration information, device and application ID numbers, browser type and version, mobile carrier and IP address or proxy server. If you are using our App, we may collect information about the phone network associated with your mobile device, your mobile devices operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique ID and information about the features of the App you accessed.
- Push notifications – We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the App. If you wish to opt out from receiving these types of communications you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our App, for troubleshooting and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- How Do We Use Your Information?
Briefly: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process
- To post testimonials. We may post testimonials on our Services which include personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial we will obtain your permission to use your name, and the content of the testimonial.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purpose of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our effort to keep our Services safe and secure (e.g., for fraud monitoring and prevention)
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user
- To respond to user enquiries/offer support to users
- To send you marketing and promotional communications
- For other business purposes. We may use your data for other business purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns
1. Sharing of personal data
We don’t share personal information about you with our customers. We will only share aggregated or unidentifiable information that cant be relate to you as an individual.
We may share some personal data with service providers for specific activities such as customer support or analytics. We only share minimum information.
2. How long do we keep your data?
We may keep your personal data for different periods of time depending on the data type involved and the purpose of processing. We retain data as long as you are an active user of our services. We will erase or stop processing your data if you require us to do so.
3. What rights do you have to your personal data and how to you access it?
You have the right to access, rectify, delete data and remove your consent.
To do this contact us at email@example.com.
If you feel your data privacy rights have been breached you can file a complaint with a Data Protection Control Authority – in the UK the Information Commissioner’s Office.